Friday, February 18, 2011

The Bleeding Edge: "Lyra Vanity HUD" by A'VION

Last year A'VION released its first version of the Vanity HUD...Rigel.  This year A'VION took numerous customer suggestions into consideration and created the new and improved Vanity HUD...LYRA!!!  The Lyra Vanity HUD is a professional cosmetic tool that expands your existing cosmetic wardrobe of lashes, hair, and white modifiable jewels by providing easy onboard selectors that give you access to hundreds of hues and shades.  The new and improved Lyra Vanity HUD also includes an everyday AO, a Runway Mode, and a Lag Kill feature that shuts off all but the most essential scripts for high lag situations such as fashion shows.

I am IN LOVE with my Vanity HUD!  A word to the wise, however:  DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ATTACH THIS HUD TO AAANNNYYY SPOT OTHER THAN ITS DEFAULT!  The only complaint I have about the Vanity HUD is that it tends to break when placed anywhere other than its intended position, which can be bothersome.  I'm sure this will be fixed soon, though, so no worries!  As mentioned previously, the HUD allows you to add mascara, hairdye, highlights, or paint to modifiable items from your existing inventory.  It also features a color matching option that tints all items at once (Vanity enabled lashes, hair, and jewels).  I've actually replaced my ZHAO AO with the AO included in the Vanity HUD, although I still prefer to pose manually (without the use of a HUD) on the runway.

My first reaction to the Vanity HUD was, "HOLY FREAKING CRAP!  Where was this back in December when I dropped 5k on a bazillion different shades of hair?!?"  Lyra allows you to buy a single shade (I've found that platinum blonde works best), then split it into any color combination imaginable via the hairdye and highlight menus.  This is achieved by placing a script (included with the HUD) into the untinted hair, thereby making it "Vanity enabled."  Some designers have already taken the initiative by including Vanity scripts in their products (Talyia Tarber for Garded Secret includes them in her prim lashes and jewelry, and A'VION includes them in ALL of their products), and I'm expecting to see an explosion of designers providing Vanity enabled products in the very near future.

Below are three pictures.  The first shows me with untinted Vanity enabled hair and lashes.  The second shows me using the separate mascara and hairdye applicators to tint my lashes purple and my hair black. The third shows me using the color matching feature, tinting both my lashes and hair green (this would also have tinted any Vanity enabled jewelry I was wearing).


Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru ~ "Edward Earth Normal"
Eyes: L. Fauna ~ "CHAI Eyes Blue 4"
Lashes: Garded Secret ~ "Butterfly Lashes A'VION Vanity HUD Enabled"
Eyeliner:  A'VION ~ "Black Eyeliner Dark Tipped"
Hair: Gritty Kitty ~ "Hoke-Troika A'VION Vanity HUD Enabled"
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong


Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru ~ "Edward Earth Normal"
Eyes: L. Fauna ~ "CHAI Eyes Purple 1"
Lashes: Garded Secret ~ "Butterfly Lashes A'VION Vanity HUD Enabled"
Eyeliner:  A'VION ~ "Black Eyeliner Dark Tipped"
Hair: Gritty Kitty ~ "Hoke-Troika A'VION Vanity HUD Enabled"

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru ~ "Edward Earth Normal"
Eyes: L. Fauna ~ "CHAI Eyes Green 1"
Lashes: Garded Secret ~ "Butterfly Lashes A'VION Vanity HUD Enabled"
Eyemakeup:  A'VION ~ "Neon Sex"
Eyeliner:  A'VION ~ "Black Eyeliner Dark Tipped"
Hair: Gritty Kitty ~ "Hoke-Troika A'VION Vanity HUD Enabled"

No comments:

Post a Comment