Monday, January 10, 2011

GLANCE: Day 2

The first part of today's class was all about one's attitude as a model...being pleasant to work with, accepting and incorporating feedback gracefully, not being a raging beast, etc.  I like to think that I'm a fairly agreeable person, so I don't really have too much to work on here.  The last half was about something super exciting though:

ACCESSORIES!

I'm a bracelet/watch/wristband WHORE!  I love them, and they love me.  But, a huge part of this experience is going outside my comfort zone to find new things that compliment my style, making me better and more versatile as a model.  So, I embarked on an epic journey to THE Second Life jewelry boutique:  Finesmith.  On my first visit to the store (accompanied by Jonas Laviscu, my SL hubby), I may or may not have overheard a scandalous conversation being held between Yula Finesmith (owner) and Cade Nansen (manager) on the roof...but that is another story, and shall (not) be told another time.

A lot of the stuff at Finesmith is (obviously) too girly for me, but most of their bracelets and bangles do have a very unisex appeal.  Yes, I know...MORE wrist jewelry.  But this is shiny CLASSY wrist jewelry!  :-D  Then, when all hope seemed lost, I came across this (yes, the outfit still needs some adjusting...focus on the jewelry):


Behold...Valeria:  a limited edition necklace/earring set, with only 100 copies available.  Now, I'm a sucker for anything exclusive anyways (aka limited edition), but just look at the detail!  I'm in love, and it  is by far my favorite SL investment to date.  P.S.  it comes with scripts to resize, retexture, change the gems, add/remove glow, add/remove fullbright, etc.

I also bought some spiffy shoes from Xplosion (new fav clothing store), but that will be saved for another post...

Shape:  Custom
Skin:  Subaru
Eyes:  L.Fauna
Lashes:  Miamai
Hair:  UW
Face Tattoo:  White Widow
Outfit:  Bare Rose Tokyo
Necklace & Earrings:  Finesmith

Wings & Halo:  Living Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment