Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Bleeding Edge: "January Inspiration" by Finesmith Designs

Yula Finesmith's Inspiration January collection hit the store directly after the fashion show, and it is AMAZING!  I love all of the pieces so so much, but my absolute favorite has to be "Lorena."  It reminds me of dandelions (my fav flowers), and I absolutely LOVE it!  My Photoshopping skills have improved dramatically over the last couple of weeks (notice the new watermark), but alpha textures are still the bane of my existence.  I tried my best to remove as much green screen as possible, but I'm afraid I still have a long way to go when it comes to removing all that green from textures as intricate as these:

Inspired by Lorena

As previously mentioned, this set reminds me of dandelions, which became my inspiration for this shot.  I finally gave up on trying to Photoshop this against a green screen, and just took the shot against a background in SL.  =P

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes: Miamai
Hair: Find Ash
Shirt & Jeans:  Xplosion
Jewelry: Finesmith
Pose: Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

 Inspired by Blackbarbie

The curves on this set almost look like the fins of a fish to me, so I went aquatic with this shot, which probably turned out to be the best of the 5.  It also gave me lots of good practice playing with hue, saturation, and lightness...trying to get them to match the colors of the background just right.  =)

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes: Miamai
Hair: 3636
Jewelry: Finesmith
Naughty Bits:  Xcite
Pose: Body Talking
Model & Photographer:  Sy Whitesong


 Inspired by Celestial

This set is so intricate and delicate, I knew I had to present it as a headshot to portray as much detail as possible.  It comes with 4 pieces total, 2 of which are shown here:  a veil, a necklace, a cuff that attaches to the upper arm, and a bracelet!

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes: Miamai
Hair: Gritty Kitty
Jewelry: Finesmith
Pose: Body Talking

Model & Photographer:  Sy Whitesong


Inspired by Helen

Helen's Inspiration set is so futuristic looking, I knew I had to give this pic a sci-fi vibe.  The skin I chose was used by Wicca and Ari (well, the female version was used by them) in the Metropolis fashion show a couple of weekends ago, and was a perfect match for Yula's gorgeous creations!

Shape: Custom
Skin: ND/MD
Eyes: ND/MD
Jewelry: Finesmith
Pose: Body Talking
Model & Photographer:  Sy Whitesong 

Inspired by Zigi

The first of Yula's sets that I'm aware of to be inspired by a male avatar, Zigi is a new twist on an old male fashion standard:  the hat and tie.  The neckpiece comes in both male and female versions...the male version has a spiked collar at its focal point and is a bit more prominent, whereas the female version is more dainty and composed of sensual curves.

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes: Miamai
Hair: UW
Shirt & Pants:  Xplosion
Jewelry: Finesmith
Pose: Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

No comments:

Post a Comment