Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Bleeding Edge: "February Inspiration" by Finesmith Designs

So last month I got crazy and decided to style a unique look for each of the January Inspiration designs.  I had sooo much fun, and it really stretched my skills as a model and photographer.  Unfortunately, however, in my rush to get the photos out as soon as possible I ended up being unhappy with a couple of the finished products, which I later redid.  It was mostly just sloppy green screen editing from a photography noob, but I've learned my lesson.  Rather than throwing something together just to get it out there before the other bloggers, I plan on taking my time and trying out new Photoshop techniques.  Below is the first of the five February Inspiration sets, inspired by caoimhe Lionheart.  I'll post the others as I complete them, so check back often for updates!

"Inspired by caiomhe"

This set was the first one to jump out at me from the invitation to the February Inspiration show...it just looked like fireworks shooting out of caiomhe's body!  I especially love the face mask, and plan on wearing it pretty much every where I go for the next month or so.  =P  For this photo I practiced adding light sources in Photoshop, making the fireworks cast a soft, colorful glow on my body.

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Hair:  Purple Moon
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes & Nails: Garded Secret
Cosmetics:  A'VION
Pose:  Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

"Inspired by Draakje"

This set reminds me of icicles, so I immediately decided to create a frost angel styling for this photo.  I had to shoot this against a backdrop in-world because of the extreme intricacy of the textures (I learned my lesson from last month's jewelry), but I still got lots of good practice in Photoshop using the liquify tool to smooth edges and make the body look more natural than Second Life allows.  =P

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Hair:  Uncleweb
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes & Nails: Garded Secret
Cosmetics:  Garded Secret
Pose:  Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

"Inspired by Leandra"

This one was just fun to style, hahaha.  In the words of Katy Perry, "let me see your peacock!"  =P

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Hair:  Uncleweb
Eyes: L. Fauna
Lashes & Nails: Garded Secret
Cosmetics:  Garded Secret
Outfit:  Champagne
Naughty Bits:  Xcite
Pose:  Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

"Inspired by Harsch"

Creepy, yet fierce, hahaha.  This one gave me TONS of practice with layers, merging bits and pieces from various images, and editing hue/saturation/lightness.

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Hair:  Find Ash
Outfit:  sYs
Pose:  Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

"Inspired by Saleena"

The shape of Saleena's Inspiration set reminds me of a clamshell, so I went all "Birth of Venus" with this shot.  Don't look too closely at the background or you'll see where I did my best clone brushing Venus out of the pic, hehehe.

Shape: Custom
Skin: Subaru
Hair:  3636
Pose:  Body Talking
Model & Photographer: Sy Whitesong

No comments:

Post a Comment